There are many different energy suppliers in the UK market. The name Total Gas & Power stands tall in the midst of these companies. Total Gas & Power is reputed as a very efficient and reliable company that provides high-quality energy to businesses with pricing structures that are competitive in the energy industry.
In this article, we take a closer look at Total Gas & Power and what it has to offer its business customers.
What’s in this review?
Let’s begin, shall we?
Core Services & Offerings
Total Gas & Power is an energy company that supplies electricity and gas to more than 170,000 commercial enterprises and businesses since 1987. They are an energy company in the UK with ISO 9001/14001 certification.
Total Gas & Power is fully committed to generating sustainable and renewable energy.
To back this up, Total has already injected more than £5 billion in their Research & Development program.
Contract Lengths & Fees
Total Gas & Power has some dual fuel tariff plans available to businesses as outlined below.
- Ideal for medium-sized businesses
- Price is fixed
- Prices subject to review annually, and if the market rates are favourable, you will pay less, never more for this tariff plan.
Fix for Five
- The contract for the Fix for Five tariff plan for electricity or gas is five years
- Gives you the freedom to plan ahead
- Uses energy sources that are 100% renewable
- Power is generated from wind, sea, and solar
- Gas is produced from farm and food waste
- The fixed price contract for electricity and gas has the option of 1-5 years
- Your business gets an Eco-Energy certificate
- This contract is ideal for medium-sized businesses
- The price is fixed for 12 months at the beginning of your contract.
- Prices are reviewed after 12 months and depending on the market rates; you can either pay more or less
- 100% renewable electricity is available on this plan
- Fixed price electricity or gas contract has the option of 1 to 4 years
- It is possible to synchronise your electricity and gas billing
- The energy price for the first twelve months is fixed
- After 12 months, depending on the market rates, the costs can fluctuate upwards or downwards
- Variable tariff is applicable after 12 months
- You can synchronise your electricity and gas bills
- If you wish to terminate your contract before the due date, you won’t have any exit fees
Which Meters Does Total Gas & Power Provide?
Total Provides the following meters:
AMR meter is the Automatic Meter Reading. The advantages of this type of meter is that:
- It can track your energy consumption
- Gives accurate billing
Total Gas & Power offers smart meters to its customers through a 3rd party switcher. Some of the advantages of smart meters are:
- It will give you accurate automatic billings rather than having to read the meters manually.
- Records consumption in real time.
How Do You Submit Your Meter Readings?
- You can submit your meter readings online via your already existing account.
- You can also call them between Monday and Friday and submit your readings via phone.
|Did You Know?
Total Gas & Power gas readings should be submitted between 25th and the last day of the month while electricity readings are submitted between 20th -28th on a monthly basis.
Do you want to get an affordable business quote for your business? Contact us and find out.
When Can You Expect to Receive Your Bills?
You can expect to receive your bill every month or after every quarter.
However, if you do not submit your meter readings on a regular basis, what you will get is a bill estimate instead of the actual amount.
In What Ways Can You Pay Your Bills?
You can pay through some ways including:
- Via Direct Debit
- Bank transfer
- Through phone with your debit or credit card
What Should You Do If You Change Tenancy?
If you are changing tenancy from a Total Gas & Power Premises, you need to notify them 28 days before moving by filling and sending them a form for change of premises.
Before we go any further, let’s look at the deemed rates of Total Gas & Power.
Costs & Fees
Below are the deemed rates for gas and power.
|Energy Type||Deemed Rate (p/kWh)||Daily Charge|
|Power (Day)-Half Hourly Rate||17.04||N/A|
|Power (Night)-Half Hourly Rate||9.27||N/A|
Now let us look at the electricity rates for small businesses.
|Type of Business||Unit Price (Price/KWH)||Daily Standing Charge|
|Small Business -Deemed Rates||20.66p||268.00p|
The deemed rates are the usually a worst-case scenario rate from the supplier. With the exact contract, you will be able to save more than 20-30% of the deemed rate plans.
See here to get a comprehensive quote specially made for your business.
You can access the Total Gas & Power customer service team via phone or email from Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm.
Total Gas & Power Review
With a 1-star rating on Trustpilot comprised of just over 100 reviews, Total Gas & Power does not have a positive customer reputation. With 92% of their total reviews falling within the ‘bad’ category, many of these negative reviews state that the staff are unhelpful, they have been billed more than they expected for their energy and poor service.
It’s true that online reviews aren’t always accurate, so it’s important to keep that in mind. However, you should still take them into consideration when deciding on which supplier to switch to.
PositiveTotal Gas & Power Review
My invoices were a mess, and I was a very unhappy customer. However, once I made a complaint, Emile was assigned to my account. He was polite, intelligent, patient and helpful. Communication was excellent, and within a few days, everything was resolved.
Negative Total Gas & Power Review
My monthly payments are now 28% higher than they were. Customer service is non-existent, all they do is apologise online for being busy. I wonder why… certainly not busy being a good company.