A great business knows and understands the value of having a reliable, efficient, and cost-effective energy provider.
With that in mind, let us look at SSE and what it has to offer your business in just a moment. First, if you are looking to save money on your business energy bills, you can compare business electricity or get a business gas quote.
What’s in this review?
Here are the details.
Core Services & Offerings
In 1998, The Southern Electricity Board and the North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board merged to form Scottish and Southern Energy. In 2010, the brand name of this energy company changed to SSE. Amongst the Big 6 energy suppliers in the UK, SSE is the 2nd largest energy provider. The supplier has over 20,000 employees and about 9.6 million business and domestic customers.
What Does SSE Offer Businesses?
- Flexible billing and contract options
- A dedicated account manager
- Competitive prices for their energy plans
- A dedicated customer service team
- Advice and help for cutting carbon emissions and cutting the cost of energy bills
Impressive right? Well, we’re just getting started.
SSE Business Energy started installing free smart meters to its customers in summer 2018.
Smart meters are specially designed to ensure that your business saves money, time, and energy. These meters can provide you with your business energy consumption information.
With the smart meters, your business will benefit from:
- The ability to understand your energy consumption thus improving on your business energy management.
- Accurate billing and automated meter-reading.
- Current billing information obtained directly from the smart meter allowing you to budget well ahead of time.
You can submit your SSE Business Energy meter readings in some ways.
- Call them
You can call them and submit your meter reading.
At the bottom of SSE’s website page is a form that needs to be filled.
Before you access their website at any given time to submit your meter readings, ensure that you have the necessary information beforehand since online submissions do not save your account details unless you create an account.
- Create Your Online Account
- It is a better alternative to paper billing
- You can view and download copies of your previous energy bills
- It allows you to manage your energy supply portfolio
- You can run consumption reports
SSE Energy Billing
SSE’s webpage contains all the information you need to pay your business bills
SSE Business Energy makes their business bills easy to understand and simple including
- A unique business account number
- A breakdown of how your costs
- Your billing period
- Billing address and business name
|Did You Know?
You can pay your business energy bills via bank transfer, cheque, direct debit or anywhere you spot a Pay Point poster/sign.
Sounds good? You can pay using the most convenient option for you. Now let’s take a look at where SSE Business Energy gets is energy supply from.
What Do I Need to Do If I Change Tenancy?
You can call or email SSE Business Energy to make tenancy changes. If you are relocating to another premise, they will need:
- The date of your relocation
- Your new business address to inform you about your final bill
- The landlord and further occupier contact information
On the other hand, if you are moving into a new business premise whose supplier is SSE Business Energy, they will require the below information from you:
- The date of your relocation
- Your business contact information and name
- The address of your new premises
- Your meter reading if available
- The former tenant’s forwarding address
Do you consider your business the headline act? Talk to EnergySeek today for a comprehensive quote from SSE.
Contract Lengths & Fees
SSE Business Energy caters to the energy needs of businesses of all sizes and shapes. However, the energy supplier knows all too well that the energy needs of one company cannot be the same for another. Hence, they have different tariffs from which to choose from.
Its features are:
- It consists of three avenues namely Dynamic, Swing, and Residual.
- Dynamic caters to businesses that prefer to manage their daily energy consumption. Companies can opt out of the Dynamic plan whenever they wish to
- Swing offers transparency and cost control
- Residual gives the option of trackable power trading for a business that desires to have full autonomy with their energy
- You can buy your energy at annual, quarterly, and monthly increments. If you so wish, you can combine the three options
- Your business gets insightful energy intelligence from SSE Business Energy thus helping you make informed choices regarding your account
The features for fixed tariff include:
- Knowing how much you will pay in your contract duration hence, you can plan ahead
- In case of a price increase, you will remain on the initial agreed rate
- If prices drop, you will still pay the initially agreed price
SSE Evolution Tracking
With this tariff, you will get pricing options that are index-linked. This means that the pricing will change with changes in the market.
SSE Variable Tracking
You have the freedom of choosing variable pricing options without commitment
- You will have access to fully-accredited SSE’s renewable energy that is generated by their hydro and wind assets
- You will get a zero-carbon emissions score when you purchase your business electricity
So, you like what you have read this far, and you’re intent on joining SSE Business Energy.
Now what? Fill the super secure form at the top of this page for your business tailored quote.
The tariff rates offered in the table below are accurate as at August 14th 2017
Tariff type for electricity and gas includes prepayment, fixed price, standard variable, and green deals.
The value of the average bill is calculated as the average price of the 14 regions that use 12500kwh gas, and 3100kwh electricity of Ofgem medium, dual fuel paying monthly via Direct Debit.
An exit fee is applicable if you switch energy providers before your fixed tariff contract ends. The price ranges from £25-£50/ fuel.
|Tariff Name||Tariff Type||Value of Average Bill||Exit Fee|
|Fix & Shop||Fixed-dual fuel||£1,129||£25 per fuel|
|Fix Paperless (2020)||Fixed-dual fuel||£1,127||£30 per fuel|
|Standard Energy (Paperless billing)||Variable-dual fuel||£1,129||N/A|
|Standard PAYG (Pay as You Go)||Variable-prepayment||£1,068||N/A|
|SSE Fixed v12 1Year (paperless)||Fixed-dual fuel||£1,072||£25 per fuel|
Can’t wait to make a switch? Here’s what you need to know.
How Do You Switch to SSE Business Energy?
Switching to SSE Business Energy has never been this easy. All you need to do is request a quote, and within 17 days, you can start enjoying energy supply from SSE Business Energy.
SSE Business Energy Customer Support
If, you have a query, complaint, or question you can contact their support team via Telephone, Facebook, Twitter, or online.
Their dedicated line is 0345 026 2658. Their customer service lines are open every Monday-Friday from 8 am-8 pm. On Saturday, they are available from 8 am-2 pm.
SEE Business Energy Reviews
When it comes to trusted websites like Trustpilot SSE Business Energy does not have a positive reputation, with a 1-star total rating out of over 400 reviews. 81% of these reviews are in the negative category, 10% are positive, and the rest fall somewhere in the middle.
Many of these negative reviews state that it is difficult to get in touch with the customer service, they have experienced overbilling, and they have had trouble when trying to switch suppliers.
Online reviews aren’t always reliable, but you should consider them when deciding whether to switch, especially when it pertains to customer service.
Positive SSE Business Energy Review
Always easy to get through and still helpful when I enquire or need any help.
Negative SSE Business Energy Review
Unacceptable service. Emails/phone calls for two months to try to sort out a straightforward issue. On hold for very long periods of time. Please do not give this company your time or money.
|Overall Trustpilot Score||★★★★★||★★★★★||★★★★★||★|
|Discounts||No||No||£15.75 per fuel per year||£50 electricity credit|
|The average cost for dual fuel three bedroom home||£82||£78||£90.00||£107.44|
|Positive Reviews on Trustpilot||92% Positive||86% Positive||86% Positive||10% Positive|
Who Should Use the Company?
SSE Business Energy might be an excellent fit for customers that would prefer to have their energy supplied by one of the big six, which often means reliability and extra services.
SSE Business Review
SSE is one of the largest suppliers of electricity and gas in the UK, which means that customers can enjoy having that stability but also benefitting from their full range of services that go beyond energy to broadband, telephones and cover for essential home appliances.
- Offers customers a wide variety of services
- Stability of a large energy company
- 10 million customers in the UK
- Not as cost-effective as their competitors
- 1-star rating on Trustpilot
- According to reports, poor customer service