All businesses pay close attention to their budgets and costs, and Dual Energy offers flexible and attractive tariffs for their energy.
In this article, we take a look at Dual Energy and what it has to offer your business.
- Dual Energy is committed to providing its customers with smart energy
- Businesses with an annual usage of below 5,000 kWh can take advantage of Dual Energy’s low-user tariff
- The energy provider has smart meters
- If you find a lower price rate for energy, Dual Energy will match that price
- So to get the best prices do a business electricity comparison and take the lowest quote to them
So, what is Dual Energy all about? Let’s take a closer look.
What’s in this review?
Core Services & Offerings
Dual Energy is an independently owned energy provider in the UK that supplies energy to thousands of businesses in the UK market.
Dual is focused on providing SMEs and businesses with smart energy since 2009. This energy provider aims at being a low-cost alternative to UK’s Big 6.
Dual Energy Tariff Features
Let’s take a closer look at the key features of Dual Energy’s tariffs.
- Comes with a fixed contract of 1-3 years
- Prices are reviewed annually
- Using their Budget Plan, you can spread your electricity costs all throughout the year
- If you find a cheaper alternative elsewhere, Dual Energy will match the price.
- Payment is via Direct Debit
- You can use their Web Analyser tool to monitor your energy usage
- It’s a reliable, convenient, and safe way to control your business energy consumption
- You avoid getting late on payments since you pay in advance
- The tariff is variable
The rates are as shown below:
|Meter Profile||Universal Rate (Pence/kWh)||Standing Charge
|Day Rate/ Night Rate/ Evening and Weekend Rate (Pence/kWh)|
- It is an out-of-contract tariff and comes with a notice period of 30 days
- Flexibility to change suppliers whenever you wish to
- No exit fee charged on condition that you give a written notice and indicate you’ve cleared all your bills
- Pricing is flexible. In case of changes in the pricing, you will be given a 14-day minimum notice in writing
The rates for electricity are as follows:
|Meter Type||Unit Charge (pence/kWh)||Standing charge (Pence/day)|
The rates for gas are as indicated:
|Meter Type||Unit Charge (pence/kWh)||Standing Charge (pence/day)|
Low-User Tariff –Electricity
- This tariff plan is ideal for businesses that use less than 5000kWh annually.
- The tariff is variable and comes with a notice period of 30 days.
- Rates are flexible, and you will be notified in advance in case of any changes
The rates are as indicated:
|Meter Profile||Universal Rate (Pence/kWh)||Daily Standing Charge (pence)|
The rates for this tariff will apply if you move into a premise whose electricity/gas supplier is Dual Energy and you haven’t entered into a contract with them or if you don’t want to pay via monthly DD (Direct Debit).
The rates for electricity are as indicated below:
|Meter Type||Unit Charge (Pence/kWh)||Standing Charge (Pence/Day)|
The gas rates are as follows:
|Meter Type||Unit Charge (pence/kWh)||Standing Charge (pence/day)|
Are you ready to switch to Dual Energy? Call us today for a tailored quote for your business.
Does Dual Energy Have Smart Meters?
Dual Provides its customers with smart meters. Advantages of smart meters are:
- Meter reads are automatically taken and sent to Dual Energy
- It gives more accurate meter readings
- Real-time online viewing of your energy usage
Dual Energy Supporting Meters
- Half Hourly
- Maximum Demand
- Profile Meters-Standard
How Do You Submit Your Dual Energy Meter Readings?
There are two ways in which you can submit your readings both of which are easy and simple to use.
You will need your:
- Meter reading
- The serial number of your meter
- Account number
Once you indicate whether you are submitting for gas or electricity, you will fill out their form. There are step-by-step instructions on Dual Energy’s website on how to provide your readings in case you get stuck.
The other option is to:
- Call Them
You can opt to call them instead and submit your readings on 0800 088 4581.
How Do You Receive Dual Energy Bills?
You will receive your bills on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month either by email or post depending on your preferred option.
Asking yourself what you have to do to switch to Dual Energy? This is what you need to do.
How Do You Switch to Dual Energy?
If possible, have the following energy information with you:
- Your business consumption rates
- Date when your current contract expires
- The amount you spend on your energy consumption monthly and annually
- Current meter readings
Switching typically takes about three weeks. While installing your smart meter will take them about four to six weeks.
The good news with this energy supplier is, if their prices drop by more than 3% before your switch is complete, then Dual Energy commits themselves to bring down the contract rates to that amount.
Can’t wait to switch to Dual Energy? Go ahead and get in touch with us today.
What Do You Need to Do If You Are Changing Tenancy?
If you are moving out of a premise whose energy supplier is Dual, then you should notify them of your exit date in advance then submit your final meter read to them.
You have two options of contacting them-either via email email@example.com or telephone 01903 703400.
On the other hand, if you are moving into a premise whose supplier is Dual Energy then you will be required to give them the following:
- An invoice from your supplier
- A copy of your lease and business rates
- Your current meter reading
If you wish to make a complaint, you can do so using the following steps:
- Step 1
You can contact their customer service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call them on 01903 703400.
- Step 2
If you are still not satisfied with the complaint resolution, you can request to speak to Dual Energy’s line manager.
- Step 3
If after the two steps you are not satisfied then you can contact their Customer Services Manager in writing to Customer Services Manager, Dual Energy, Premium House, The Esplanade, Worthing, BN 11 2BJ or email email@example.com
Before we wind up, let’s take a look at what some of the customers had to say about Dual Energy.
Dual Energy Reviews
When it comes to their customer reputation, unfortunately, Dual Energy does not have a favourable rating on Trustpilot.
With 72% of their overall reviews falling within the negative category and only 20% positive, many of these negative reviews state that they have experienced poor customer service, incorrect billing and it took a while to rectify any issues that customers have experienced with the supplier.
It is important to remember that online reviews aren’t always reliable, but they are an essential part of deciding whether an energy supplier is the best option for you and your business.
Positive Dual Energy Review
Can’t speak highly enough of this company, bill correctly and haven’t overestimated me yet! 🙂
Negative Dual Energy Review
Awful, awful company – AVOID! Their customer is service is poor, they drastically overcharge. Their bills are hard to understand. They tricked us into renewing a new contract with them! A male member of their team flat out lied to us!
|Company||Bulb||So Energy||Affect||Dual Energy|
|Overall Trustpilot Score||★★★★★||★★★★★||★★★★★||★★|
|Discounts||No||No||£15.75 per fuel per year||No|
|The average cost for dual fuel three bedrooms home||£82||£78||£90.00||Commercial supplier|
|Positive Reviews on Trustpilot||92% Positive||86% Positive||86% Positive||20% Positive|
Who Should Use the Company?
Dual Energy might be a good match for customers that want to benefit from the suppliers budget plans and free smart meters.
Dual Energy: Tariffs & Reviews
The company is relatively new in the energy market and as such, they may face challenges here and there as is common with new businesses.
All in all, Dual Energy fixed price and packages are very compelling. You will do doubt benefit from their Price Match Guarantee.
- Their 3-year fixed contract allows you to budget in advance
- Their website contains detailed information
- You can get a smart meter installed in just a few weeks after switching to Dual Energy
- Some customers have complained of sudden price hikes
- Does not really focus on providing green energy
- Tracking your smart meter reads online can cost extra overtime