What’s in this review?
If you are looking for Corona Energy reviews, then you are in the right place.
This large independent company claims to deliver 14% of the industry and commercial gas market, but what do their customers think?
Let’s find out.
A company that has been in business for over 20 years and claims to deliver 14% of the industry and commercial gas market across 12,000 customers, Corona Energy has a lot of services to offer their customers, from new energy connections to energy efficiency schemes.
Costs and Fees
Like many commercial energy suppliers, Corona Energy does not disclose estimates of how much their energy will cost. However, the deemed gas rate is 5.5p per kWh and their electricity out of contract rate is 22.5p per kWh.
For more information about what the tariffs Corona Energy offers, see the contract length and fees section below.
Compare electricity suppliers and save up to 40%.
Core services & offering
An AMR or Automated Meter Reading allows you to measure and monitor your natural gas usage more accurately than ever before. This is a half hourly meter, which for businesses that have usage of 100kWh is required by law.
So what are the benefits?
- No more estimated bills
- Predict demand and anticipate costs
- Establish better procurement options
- No more meter reading agencies
- Follow the law if it applies to your business
- Become more energy efficient
Power Efficiency Scheme
The CRC energy efficiency scheme is one part of a governments initiative which aims to lower carbon greenhouse emissions.
This means that your business may need to submit information regarding your carbon emission on a yearly basis.
To help businesses with this, Corona Energy can provide an annual statement for your business, but this will only be tracked over the period that Corona Energy has been your supplier.
In the circumstance that you might have a new building or an existing building that needs new connections, Corona Energy can help you with their new connection service.
- Simple set up for non-half hourly and half hourly meters
- Dedicated process manager
- Contracts up to 3 years in length
- AMR and MyCorona access as standard
- Ten working day install target
- No upfront costs
- Available for low voltage sites
If you are an energy broker who wants an organization, Corona Energy claims to pay promptly and build lifelong relationships with their brokers.
- Service team with fantastic service for their customers
- No phone systems which are automated
- 100% transfers that are on time
- Many tariff options
- Fast pricing for brokers
Although Corona Energy does have mixed reviews on Trustpilot, there are many positive reviews about their customer service, with many stating that they found the businesses staff to be friendly and helpful.
Some of the negative reviews concerning customer support do seem to be one-offs, and the company does appear to be contacting these customers who have had a poor experience to try and fix the issues.
Positive Customer Support Review
The girl who answered the phone was so helpful and explained everything in detail to me. What a good advert for the company. Well done.
Negative Customer Support Review
Don’t believe any of the hype on their website; this Company does not exist if you have any query or complaint.
Contract Length and Fees
- Set price for any time which is 36 months or up to that date
- Agreements which are flexible
- A renewable option that is made up of 100% biomethane gas
- A variety of payment options to choose from including direct debit and cheques
- Engineers will help you with any issues regarding your metering or supply
- Both flexible and fixed plans
- Competitive pricing
Electricity and Gas Tariffs which are Renewable
- For both gas and electricity, there are 100% green options
- Sourced from biomethane gas
- Electricity from hydro, solar, wind and biogeneration
Corona Energy Reviews
With 54% positive reviews and 31% negative reviews and the rest falling in the middle, Corona Energy does have mixed reviews.
While online reviews aren’t always accurate, it is still important to consider them before making a big decision like switching.
Positive Corona Energy Reviews
Corona from a business point of view is the only supplier I would deal with in regards to Gas. Their website is streets ahead of other energy suppliers, and their key account manager Susan Leese is very helpful. Excellent service and would recommend other business to use them.
Negative Corona Energy Reviews
It took corona five months to tell us they were our supplier in that time we went with British Gas, took over a year from leaving to sort the bills out, and they still owe us 400 pounds this is a company to avoid.
|Company||Bulb||So Energy||Affect||Corona Energy|
|Overall Trustpilot Score||★★★★★||★★★★★||★★★★★||★★★|
|Discounts||No||No||£15.75 per fuel per year||No|
|The average cost for dual fuel three bedrooms home||£82||£78||£90.00||Commercial supplier|
|Positive Reviews on Trustpilot||92% Positive||86% Positive||86% Positive||54% Positive|
Who Should Use the Company?
Corona Energy is a good fit for large businesses that will benefit from their account managers, assistance with meeting laws concerning carbon emissions and half-hourly meters, as well as their new connections service.
Ready to compare? Have a look at the top 45+ energy suppliers in the UK.
Corona Energy Review
Corona Energy is a large independent supplier that offers a wide choice of services that can provide your business with everything it needs from electricity and gas, new connections, account managers and more.
- Helps with government schemes
- AMR meters eliminate estimated billing
- Account managers to help your business
- Does not supply domestic properties
- Mixed reviews on Trustpilot
- No estimated costs on website