(via press release)
Hundreds of Americans from left, right and center gather for Citizen University, the nation’s most vital conference on the art of great citizenship, March 23.
They will participate in a day of learning, inspiration and action with the country’s most creative leaders, change makers and culture shapers. Citizen University is the nation’s most vital conference on the art of great citizenship.
Citizen University (formerly Guiding Lights Weekend) is the nation’s most vital conference on the art of great citizenship. Over 500 attendees from around the country will come together on March 23 at Seattle Center for a day of learning, inspiration, creativity and action with the country’s most exciting leaders, changemakers, organizers and culture shapers. Registration is open to all, with early bird pricing prior to February 1st and discounts for special groups.
Founded by former Clinton speechwriter and White House advisor Eric Liu, Citizen University is a program of The Guiding Lights Network, a Seattle-based organization working to promote creative, engaged citizenship.
This year’s national lineup of conference speakers include:
- Ahkil Reed Amar, author and Constitutional scholar, Yale Law School
- Joan Blades, co-founder, MoveOn.org and Living Room Conversations
- Howard Gardner, educator, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Tony Kushner, Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright; screenwriter, “Lincoln”
- Annie Leonard, co-director of The Story of Stuff Project
- Laura Ling, journalist, host, E! Investigates
- Mark Meckler, founder, Citizens for Self-Governance
- Michelle Nunn, CEO, Points of Lights Institute
- Jennifer Pahlka, founder and executive director, Code for America
- Ai-jen Poo, founder, National Domestic Workers Alliance
- Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, co-founder and director of MomsRising.org
- Jacob Soboroff, producer and host, HuffPost Live
- Wendy Spencer, CEO, Corp. for National and Community Service
- Darnell Strom, executive, Creative Artists Agency
- Jose Antonio Vargas, journalist and cofounder of Define American
WHEN: Saturday, March 23 7:30am – 9:30pm
WHERE: Fisher Pavilion at Seattle Center, Seattle, WA
HOW: Register now for just $125. Scholarships and discounts for students, seniors and others. More information is on line at CitizenUniversity.us.